Online Giving: TelPay
Note about TelPay: TelPay has discontinued its online giving functionality for all new donors. Existing donors can continue to give to the church through TelPay.
Thank you for your interest in supporting Zion Baptist Community Church (“ZBCC”) through electronic giving. ZBCC has partnered with TelPay (www.telpay.ca) to achieve the goal of accepting electronic giving.
This information is meant to provide step-by-step instructions on how to:
- Login to your TelPay account
- Issue a payment to ZBCC, including retaining documentation for your personal records
We also have a printable PDF with screenshots of each step.
For each donation, you will be charged a $0.50 transaction fee, in addition to your donation, which is retained by TelPay as their fee for facilitating the service. ZBCC receives the full donation. Please keep that in mind when deciding how much you would like to give.
Logging in to your TelPay account
- Login to your TelPay account by going to www.telpay.ca and clicking “Login”
- Enter your login and password and click “Log In+"
Issuing a payment to ZBCC
- To issue a payment to ZBCC, click on "Make a payment".
- Click on Zion Baptist Community Church listed under "Your Billers".
- Enter the following information for your donation:
- Invoice Date: This is optional and does not affect your payment in any way. If left blank, this will default to today's date.
- Invoice #: Enter the following text to designate your donation: General (for donations to the general ZBCC budget) or Missions Trip (for donations to an active missions trip. Please be specific here, e.g., Romania Missions Trip.) Note: to add multiple designations to a single payment, click the "+Invoice" link to the right of the "Amount $" column.
- Invoice Amount $: Enter the amount you wish to donate for the designation identified in the Invoice # field. Note: you need to include the decimal place and two digits after the decimal when entering the amount.
- Payment Date: Enter the date you wish to transfer the funds. The payment date is automatically populated, but you may choose any future date you wish. Note, however, that it may take up to four days for the payment to be processed and received by ZBCC.
- Click "Accept" to confirm the payment.
- You are now on a confirmation screen. You may print this screen for your personal records.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Processing of payments takes up to 4 business days.
ZBCC Record Keeping
ZBCC will receive confirmation of your contribution along with a summary of the amount paid. This information will include your envelope number as entered when you processed the payment. ZBCC will use that information to enter your donation to our record keeping systems. This includes our system for accounting purposes and our system for tax receipts.
We are encouraging individuals to keep a record of what was given through TelPay in the event there are any discrepancies with their tax receipt for the year.