What is Street 2:52?
Street 2:52 is the children's program at Zion Baptist Community Church. It's a place where kids:
- Experience the teachings and stories of the Bible
- Grow in knowledge and understanding of God
- Nurture a lifelong transforming relationship with God
- Experience community
What's happening on Street 2:52
- Kids will find workshop style stations that are designed to teach through a wide variety of styles: a kitchen,an art studio, a games station, a computer lab, a drama room and more
- Kids will study one story for five weeks so that they form a deep knowledge of God's word and its application to their lives
- Kids will explore two workshops each Sunday (one at 9:30 and another at 11:15)
- Kids will rotate through eight workshops over a five week period
- Kids of all ages will learn the same story but the teaching will be age appropriate, providing nurturing and challenging based on developmental stages and abilities. This format will also help families to continue learning together at home during the week
A Typical Sunday
9:25 to 9:35 - Children can be dropped off and signed in at the Chapel. Children preschool - Grade 1 must be signed in by a parent/guardian. Children Grades 2 - 3 must be dropped off by a parent/guardian. The doors will be shut at 9:35 for an opening session. Latecomers are asked to wait outside the doors and can join their class at 9:45 as they head to their workshop. Children arriving after 9:45 will be invited to join in during the 11:30 workshop.
10:30 - Children preschool - Grade 1 must be signed out by a parent/guardian. Children Grades 2 - 3 must be picked up by a parent/guardian. Older children will be dismissed to find their own families.
10:45 - Children will join their families for the singing portion of the main service.
11:15 (or at time of dismissal from service) - Children will gather with their teachers in the foyer and move to their workshop as a class. Children preschool - Grade 1 must be signed in by a parent/guardian. Children Grades 2 - 3 must be dropped off by a parent/guardian.
12:00 - Children preschool - Grade 1 must be signed out by a parent/guardian. Children Grades 2 - 3 must be picked up by a parent/guardian. Older children will be dismissed to find their own families.
- Bring your Bible (if you don't have your own just ask and we'll get you one!)
- Learn your memory verse
- Please bring a snack along for your child to enjoy between sessions.
Kick-off / Wrap-Up Sundays
Street 2:52 is based on a 5 week rotation schedule. Every 5 week rotation starts with a kick-off ends with a wrap-up. The kick-off Sundays will begin with an all kids chapel service that runs from 9:30-10:30. These will be highly interactive and sometimes feature special guests!
The final week of the rotation will conclude with a chance for kids to join their families for the entirety of the 10:45 service. Keep your eyes open for special features showcasing what your kids have been learning during their time on Street 2:52.
Keeping Your Kids Safe
Plan to Protect
Our kids program follows strict safety guidelines to keep our kids and volunteers safe. All volunteers must be screened and trained before working with our children.
Preschool - Grade 2
Special procedures are in place to take care of our youngest students. This age group:
- Must be signed in and out of all sessions by a parent/guardian for Children Preschool - Grade 1.
- Must be dropped off and picked up by a parent/guardian for Children Grade 2.
- Children Kindergarten and under will be assigned a parent paging number. If assistance is required by a parent the parent will be notified by their child's number in either the sanctuary or large fellowship hall.
- Children Preschool - Kindergarten will require parent assistance for washroom breaks.