Equipping & DisciplingStatus: Full Time Salaried Position
Job Vision: The Associate Pastor will partner with the pastors, staff, and Ministry Council of ZBCC in giving general guidance and direction to the congregation, with a special focus on engaging and supporting children, youth, and young adults, as well as their families, and the volunteers within these ministry areas. The primary task of the Associate Pastor is not to do everything themselves, but rather “…to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:12).
Areas of Responsibility:
- Equipping: Encouraging congregants to grow in their love and knowledge of Christ, creating opportunities beyond the Sunday worship gathering to help them better understand how God has uniquely created and gifted each believer to be an active member of the body and His ambassador in the broader community.
- Leader Development: Helping to train and equip congregants for leadership and serving opportunities in a variety of ministry areas, by looking for/creating training opportunities (e.g. in-house training, webcasts, conferences, etc.). An emphasis will be placed on supporting and advancing ZBCC’s overall effectiveness in ministry to children, youth, and young adults.
- Pastoring: To pray for and minister to the people of ZBCC, with a particular focus on children, youth, and young adults, as well as their families and the volunteers within these ministry areas. To provide as necessary pastoral care including counselling, visitation, conflict resolution, and general encouragement.
- Presence: To be actively engaged in church activities, and highly present at youth (gr 7-12) activities, balancing this with a need to maintain a healthy personal and professional schedule, in coordination with lay leaders and in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Oversight: Helping to make the children, youth, and young adult ministries as aligned as possible; aiding in the transition of individuals (and their families) from one stage to the next.
- Administration: To ensure that children, youth, and young adult ministries are effectively organized, whether directly or through delegation to other volunteers and leaders.
- Planning: Working with the Youth Ministry Leadership Team to plan events and to choose and/or develop curriculum for youth activities and studies.
- Recruitment: To encourage and invite congregants of all ages to value and participate in ministry to the young, working alongside administrative staff and volunteer teams to develop effective strategies and systems so that children, youth, and young adult ministries have sufficient volunteers to be safe and effective.
- Policies: To work with administrative staff to ensure that all staff and volunteers have completed Plan to Protect training and to help ensure that all aspects of the ministry are carried out within the approved policies, suggesting and developing new policies when necessary.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Attends and participates in weekly staff meetings and regular meetings of the Ministry Council.
- Attends worship gatherings and participates as necessary, including preaching 1-3 times per year.
- Attends conferences/programs relevant to position. Continuing education is encouraged.
- Performs other duties as required in consultation with the Senior Pastor and/or Ministry Council.
- Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- Responsible to the Ministry Council for overall ministry direction and development.
- To have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrating the qualities of an overseer (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- To be able and willing to affirm ZBCC’s Statement of Beliefs and Membership Covenant.
- To have relevant pastoral leadership experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
- To be a gifted relational leader and a highly organized initiator and decision maker.
- To hold a Bachelors degree (Masters preferred), including Bible/Theological training.
To apply, please send resume (with references) and a cover letter which demonstrates engagement with the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org.